Happy Blogmas day one! I hope everyone is as excited as I am to be doing this special countdown to Christmas. I mean - what better way is there than to do to 24 amazing blog posts in a row? :) For day one, I thought kicking it off with a fun little holiday tag would be nice just to get us all in the Christmas spirit! Don't be afraid to answer some of these questions as well in the comments below. I would love to know what you think of the holidays!
1. Favorite Christmas movie?
This is such a hard one, but it's between The Holiday and Elf - two very classic and perfect Christmas movies!
2. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
I'd have to say the Nice list. I'm not really the one to do anything "bad."
3. Show us an embarrassing Christmas Card photo!
Our family hasn't ever done Christmas cards, but I can show you an embarrassing photo from a Christmas Eve.
4. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
I have actually, which is very rare here in the south. I believe Christmas in 2010 was a white Christmas, but don't quote me on that!
5. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Christmas Eve is at my aunt and uncle's home, Christmas morning is at my home, and Christmas day is at my grandma's.
6. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Only one, and it is usually a pair of pajamas to wear on Christmas morning.
7. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Um - possibly! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Cupid, Rudolf, Vixon, and Comet (I had to look up the last two).
8. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
Honestly, just everything!
9. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake, or else my pets would have their way with it and we wouldn't have a tree by Christmas.
10. Hands down, what's your all-time favorite holiday food and holiday sweet treat?
Cookies - 100 percent!
11. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Giving gifts! Ask anyone - they will tell you that I love shopping, wrapping, and surprising people with gifts. It's fun to see people smile because of something you've done.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
London or Germany because I know Christmases are amazing there!
13. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make?
I've actually been making a certain cookie recipe since I was maybe 11 or 12 years old that is one of my favs! I might actually be sharing it on the blog soon!
14. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I think I've gotten pretty darn good, if you ask me.
15. Most memorable Holiday moment?
I always say it's when I was about 8 years old and got my Barbie Mansion house. I remember that day like yesterday.
16. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I forget how old I was, but it was when I was out with my cousins Christmas Eve, and I came home to see presents already under the tree. If you know Santa, then you know he only comes when you're asleep!
17. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I try to make goals not resolutions, so that way I have something to work towards but don't feel bad about myself if I don't achieve them.
18.What makes the Holidays special for you?
Just spending time with all my loved ones because there's nothing better than being around people who make you happy!