Happy holidays and Merry Christmas Eve Eve! I hope you are all having the best day and having fun this season. For me, Christmas isn't really Christmas without a ton of cookies, especially sugar cookies! I thought it might be fun to share a super yummy sugar cookies recipe as well as a delish icing one! So here is one I like to make! Enjoy! :)
What You Need:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups powder sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp almond extract
What to Do:
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Increase to higher speed and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Reduce speed to low, and beat in eggs as well as vanilla. Next beat in flour mixture just until blended.
4. Separate mixture into two and wrap in plastic wrap to refrigerate for 2+ hours.
5. Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Roll until dough is roughly 1/4 inch thick.
7. Cut out cookies with cookie cutter. When placing cookies on cookie sheet, be sure to keep them an inch apart.
8. Bake cookies until golden (12 - 15 minutes).
9. Let cool before icing!
1. Combine powdered sugar and milk and mix until smooth. Next add corn syrup and almond extract.