Can you believe Valentine's day is tomorrow? That's crazy to me because lat year at this time, my boyfriend was in Russia to work at the Olympics, and that seems like just yesterday. Man, does time fly? Well, I don't know about you, but I have always loved this holiday because it gave me an excuse to watch all kinds of lovey dovey movies just because I can. Trust me, I'm obsessed with romance movies, so I'll take any excuse I can get because I'm such a sucker for them. I don't know what it is, I guess I just love love? Is that a cheese-y thing to say? Maybe, but oh well.
Because I'm always spending my days watching about love, I figured I could list out some of my favorites and recommend some. Sound good? Good, 'cause I was going to anyways! ;)
[in no particular order]
1. The Last Song- All time favorite love movie and maybe movie in general. It never fails to make me cry, and I've watched it probable twenty times!
2. Safe Haven- I just love Nicholas Sparks books/movies. #sorry Plus, Josh Duhamel is in this, which makes it all that much better. Also, there are some really crazy twists which ends up making the movie a really good watch!
3. Stuck in Love- I think this is good romance movie because it includes romance from all perspectives, such as a young boy in high school, his sister in college who doesn't usually date guys, and the dad who still loves his ex-wife. It was a random Netflix find, and I really enjoyed it.
4. Valentine's Day- There was seriously no way I couldn't include this one because hello it's called Valentine's Day! Also, it's just a good rom-com to watch when ever you're in the mood!
5. He's Just Not That Into You- I just really enjoy watching the movies where all the characters' stories are connected somehow. They're fun to watch, and this particular kind of plays off of the line he's just not that into you which ends up being the bases for most of the character's love stories.
6. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past- This is kind of a different romance movie where Matthew McConaughey [who is reason enough to watch it] ends up going through all his past/future girlfriends, almost like a play on A Christmas Carol. It's funny, sad, lovey-dovey, and just a good movie to watch.
7. About Time- Now this is an interesting love story because the main guy can go back and forth in time, which ends up effecting everything. I really enjoyed watching it because it wasn't just about a guy falling in love, but a guy figuring out the importance of just living in the present.
8. The Vow- One, it has Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum in it, so you know it's good. Two, it's a true story about a couple really going through that hard time in their life. It's just a good example on how love really can conquer all.
9. Crazy, Stupid, Love- This is another one of those movies where the characters' live connect somehow, and it's one of my favorites. It's also has a shirtless Ryan Gosling, which is a major positive in my book.
10. Great Gatsby- This is a love story that has been around for awhile. I remember having to read it in school and being genuinely excited to see the movie. It is so good and so well done that I can't stop watching it! Leonardo also makes the movie even better, and I can never seem to not find myself crying at the end. It gets me every time!
Now, there are so many more movies I could name. The list could honestly go on for awhile, but I figured that was a good amount for now! Hopefully, you found one you would like to watch and enjoy on Vday! :)