I have seen a ton of videos and blog posts about 2014 and what is to come in 2015, and I wanted to do the same! I decided to really focus on the positive sides of looking back this year as well as forward in next. :) Here we go!
Three...of my best memories:
1. I absolutely loved what my boyfriend set up for us to do on our three year anniversary this year. For my birthday/anniversary, he bought us tickets to go to the zoo, aquarium, and one of the city's museums. I had so much fun and took way too many pictures, which you can check out in my 30 Day Snap I did in May. It was just simple quality time with my boyfriend, doing things and going places I don't normally get to do/go. I mean I hadn't been to the zoo where I live since I was in elementary school. That is a long flipping time ago! I'm just so glad we were able to do it!
2. Sorry to all of those One Direction haters out there, but going to the One Direction Concert was way too much fun not to include as one of my best memories. I went with my best friend, who I don't get to see very often, and got to go spend the day downtown. Concerts in general are amazing, but when you go to one that you know every single word to every single song, it becomes even better. Plus, the fact I got to see these guys in person just makes me smile every time I think about it. :)
3. Another memory I have is my twentieth birthday! Turning twenty is not really that big of a deal to most. I mean turning eighteen means you're an adult, and turning twenty-one means you can drink, so why would turning twenty be special? Well, this year it was a bit more than just going out to dinner or having my mom cook. My family actually threw me a fiesta, and I loved every second of it! I don't think I could thank my sister enough for setting it up and cooking, as well as my mom for helping out. They are just amazing and made my birthday one to remember!
Two...things I had the courage of trying:
1. Starting this blog was definitely a whole new experience for me, and I was honestly scared. I kept seeing all these people talking about it and how much fun it was to have one. I wanted in on the action, so in January I took the plunge and made Sparkle and Shine. I don't think for one second that this blog was a mistake. It's only been a little under a year, and I have had so much fun writing, interacting with new people, learning new things, and being a part of such a loving community. Writing this blog makes me happy, and I'm sure it will continue to do so!
2. Wow was dying my hair a huge moment of courage for me! I have never ever been someone to go out of my comfort zone to try something new. Usually people have to force me to try a new food, let alone something so drastic as dying my hair. It's just that recently I began to feel like my life was in such a rut, that I was the same ole boring plain rice kind of a person. Nothing was new. That is when I really started to take notice of Louise's (or Sprinkle of Glitter) hair, which used to have bright pink tips on the ends. I fell in love with the idea of having died tips, so I thought why not? If she can do it, then I can too. So I did. My hair was bleached then died purple...then pink...then purple again...then red, and I could not be having more fun with it! I'm honestly ecstatic with my hair and wouldn't change a thing.
One...task/idea/thing I want to try and accomplish in 2015:
1. I can't stand the word resolution because it's usually tied in with failure, so I'm going to call this my "one new thing to try!" The number one thing I want to try next year is write, write, and write some more. I plan on writing many more posts for Sparkle and Shine and keeping this blog alive and well. Also, I'm still going full steam ahead with my dream to write my own book, which I would love to get published as well. Writing has just been a love of mine recently, and I want to make sure that love never dies. It is more than important to me that my finger tips keep lots of contact with the keyboard next year, and all my crazy ideas become a reality for y'all to read! I just hope I can do it! :)
3, 2, 1 and we're done! 2015 is literally just around the corner, but that doesn't mean 2014 will be stuffed in the corner and forgotten forever! It was an amazing year, and I am super excited to see what is to come next! If any of you decide to write a similar posts to this, be sure to tag me and let me know! I would love to see what you all have to say about this year! I love you all, and thanks for being a part of making this year one to remember always!